Update from Pastor Nathan
Important Safety Guidelines and Details
First of all, we are confident that any awkwardness we feel will be far overshadowed by the beauty and power of worshipping together in person. We are hopeful and full of faith!
We follow safety protocol not out of fear, but to love each other well. It’s not that hard to simply do what we can to be as safe as possible for the more vulnerable among us. We also have a parent church that we are accountable to that has set certain standards for us.
- If you have a fever or any symptoms, simply stay home and worship with us online.
- We have a 9am service and a 10:30am service. We practice safe distancing with our seating and still have enough room for everyone.
- The 9am is smaller and is a good opportunity for those who are more vulnerable and would like to be around less people.
- The 10:30am is larger (though still safely distanced between seats) and will also include some fun elements and Kid Packs/Prizes for each child (prepared safely) since we will not be able to resume GraceLand Kids Ministry yet.
- Until we resume GraceLands Kids, both services will be shorter than usual (about an hour) to help families with children.
- We are hoping GraceLand Kids will be able to resume a little later this summer. We will let you know as soon as possible.
- We will not have our usual coffee station, pass offering baskets, pass communion plates, or have hand to hand contact. We will have a giving station and individual pre-packaged communion elements.
- While you are seated in the service, you do not need to wear a mask. We do, however, ask that you wear a mask while entering and existing the facility. We will have masks available at the door.
- When you enter the building, a host will take you to your seats.
- We ask that you use the “I love you” hand sign, a simple wave, or a big “smile-with-your-eyes” in place of hugging and shaking hands.
- We will sanitize the facility and bathrooms before each service.
- We will have hand sanitizers placed throughout the facility.
- And, of course, we will still offer our online service for those who are staying home.
- There is nothing more or less spiritual about gathering in-person or online. We are one church family worshipping from multiple locations.
- If you have any questions or concerns, email us here.